What is the average time people sleep? Who sleeps longest, men or woman? At what time do people go to bed? Find out in this post in response to international sleeping day!
Polar recently introduced their Polar Sleep Plus which offers an advanced sleep registration and analysis. You’ll be able to register your sleep, get feedback and develop better sleeping habits thanks to the detailed insights in your sleeping pattern with this watch.
I didn’t try this watch out for myself but I do track my sleep with an an activity tracker and I do love to see how I sleep. I was very curious about the results of their international sleep analysis and I’m excited to share these with you:
Worldwide sleeping insights:
Average time asleep:
The average time asleep worldwide is 7 hours and 22 minutes.
- Estland sleeps the longest: 7 hours and 36 minutes
- Japan sleeps the least: 6 hours 33 minutes
- Women worldwide sleep longer and better than men with an average of 7 hours and 35 minutes. Which is 22 minutes longer than men.
18 to 29 year olds sleep moost continuous and healthiest with an average of 7 hours actual sleep time.
- 40 to 64 year olds note the least sleep time: 6 hours and 50 minutes.
- Fins score best considering sleepcontinuity with a score of 3.4/5
- China scores worst with a score of 2.7/5
When do people go to bed?
- People in Hong Kong go to bed at 0:52 on average
- People in Spain go to bed at 0:45 on average
- South Africans go to sleep the earliest at 22:45 but they get up earliest as well at 6:06!
- Belgian woman go to bed a little earlier than men and they sleep 25 minutes longer. In total woman sleep 7 hours and 45 minutes while men sleep 7 hours and 20 minutes.
- Belgian men wake up at 7:20 and woman at 7:23 on average.
Do you know when you go to sleep on average? How long you sleep and at which time you wake up?